ICED Event for Young People: The Future of Design (August 2013, Seoul Korea)
May 27, 2013 Leave a comment
Dates: 19-22 August 2013
Location: Seoul, Korea
Deadline for submissions: 21 June 2013
The Future of Design (Design of the Future – ICED 2013) is a Design Society event for young people.
Speakers will include participants of the ICED13 conference and the local design, engineering and business community. Masters students, PhD students, Post Docs and other young people, i.e. up to and including seven years from their last degree, are invited to apply. Only 10-12 spaces are available to broadcast your vision on “The Future of Design – Design of the Future”!
– Set new or challenge established views of design within the community!
– Share opinions and exchange ideas on vital design community topics!
– Meet international young people working in design research and practice!
Speakers are invited to give dynamic, short talks (7 min) with the help of multimedia (e.g. video, images, etc). The talk should address the following points:
– What is design for you?
– What is your vision for the future of design?
– What is your coolest project (past / current / future dream project) that illustrates this vision?
– How will your vision contribute to the future of design research and/or practice?
Note to speakers: This presentation does not necessarily have to correspond to your current or past research projects or work. It is open to allow you to present new ideas, directions and hurdles that need to be overcome to achieve your future vision of design research and practice.
Please send a title and one paragraph description of your proposed talk addressing the questions above before 21 June 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject “The Future of Design – Design of the Future”. Please include your current position, e.g PhD student and year, Post- Doc and year, or industry position. The participants will be selected based on the originality and visionary nature of the proposal.
Applicants will be notified by email of the talk acceptance by 12 July 2013. www.iced13.org