Cumulus 2014 (May 2014, Aveiro Portugal)
October 17, 2013 1 Comment
Dates: 8-10 May 2014
Location: University of Aveiro, Portugal
Deadline for submissions: 30 December 2013
The 2014 Cumulus Spring conference theme is “What’s on: cultural diversity, social engagement and shifting education”, aiming to unite theory and practice through discussions of ways in which design, art, music and digital media are contributing or could contribute in an era of global challenges, characterized by uncertainty, ambiguity and complexity.
The conference will be held at the Department of Communication and Art of University of Aveiro, a multidisciplinary department comprising the areas of Design, Art Studies, Digital Media and Music. The conference seeks to bring designers, artists, musicians, theory-based researchers and educators together, in order to develop interdisciplinary discussions on the proposed theme.
Contributors are invited to submit research papers and projects that address contemporary approaches to the 3 main tracks:
1) What’s on in cultural diversity:
– Old urban versus new rural realities
– Future cultural heritage
– Contemporary antagonisms (local/global, analogous/digital, hi-tech/low-tech, craft/industrial, convergences/divergences, etc.)
– Inter/ Trans/ Multidisciplinary approaches
2) What’s on in social engagement:
– socially-driven approaches
– community action
– social empowerment
– responsible citizenship
– economics for the people
3) what’s on in shifting education:
– education for future generations
– beyond lifelong learning experiences
– new media for new education
– customised learning environments and self regulated learning
– transdisciplinary educational approaches
– open educational resources
Authors are invited to submit full papers (3000 words max), projects and posters.All submitted papers will be subject to a double-blind peer-review process.
The conference will consist of keynote talks, paper presentations and an exhibition of projects and posters. The New Members Fair and Cumulus Working Groups and Workshops will also be hosted during the conference.
Submitted contributions are subject to a double-blind peer-review process. Accepted contributions will be published electronically in the conference proceedings.
Deadline for paper submission: December 30th, 2013