ACE’14 Workshop on Designing Systems for Health and Entertainment: What Are We Missing (Nov 2014, Madeira Portugal)
July 14, 2014 Leave a comment
Dates: 11 November 2014
Location: Madeira, Portugal
Deadline for submissions: 19 September 2014
In conjunction with ACE 2014: http://www.ace2014.info/
Systems that aggregate health and entertainment goals are proliferating, but little is known about the way to design and evaluate these systems and how to manage the different (if nor opposite) needs of these two main areas. This workshop will promote the discussion of issues surrounding these areas, enabling a better understanding of the how’s and why’s of designing systems for health and entertainment, as well as the identification of new avenues of research in the field.
Therefore we invite designers, researchers and practitioners to participate in an exciting full-day workshop where they are invited to share their personal views and research on the intersection of technology, health and entertainment.
TOPICS OF INTEREST:
Participants are invited to submit a short paper (2-4 pages in ACM SIGCHI format) presenting their personal views and research on the intersection of technology, health and entertainment. Possible contributions may include but are not limited to:
– Health and entertainment systems
– Studies on the effectiveness, and acceptance of health and entertainment systems and their impact on health and wellbeing
– Methodologies and frameworks for the design, development, and evaluation of health and entertainment systems
– Design principles and guidelines for special user populations and specific diseases
– Insights on how to leverage these systems to the medical care and attract health professionals into the design and development of these systems
The workshop welcomes participants who have not submitted papers but wish to actively contribute to the discussion of the challenges. These participants should state and justify their interest through the email bellow.
Contributions and statements of interest should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org until September 19.
September 19, 2014: Submission deadline for position papers and motivation letters
October 17, 2014: Notification of acceptance
November 3, 2014: Camera ready version
November 11, 2014: Workshop at ACE 2014