PLATE Conference, Nottingham, UK, 17-19 June 2015, Call for Workshops
January 26, 2015 Leave a comment
We welcome proposals for workshops on topics related to product lifetimes, whether you want to discuss ideas for a report or journal paper, explore strategies or policies for industry / government, or plan research proposals. Please note that the closing date is 16 February 2015, at 12 noon. Exploratory contributions and work in progress will be considered. The final version of the contribution is expected by 11 May 2015.
PLATE will embrace a multi-disciplinary perspective including design, geography, anthropology, business management, economics, marketing and consumer behaviour, sociology and politics. The conference will explore the following themes, among others:
- design approaches to product longevity
- the role of product longevity in resource efficiency and waste reduction
- strategies for product lifetime optimisation
- cultural perspectives on the throwaway society
- business opportunities, economic implications and marketing strategies
- consumer influences on product lifetimes
- policies, regulation and legislation.
Please see our website for further details.