April 10, 2015 Leave a comment
Nottingham Trent University is delighted to invite you to register for PLATE, the first international conference to examine product lifetimes and the environment in the context of sustainability.
The conference will open on Wednesday 17 June with keynotes from:
- Dr Conny Bakker, Associate Professor of Design for Sustainability at Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands
- Sarah Clayton, Head of Products and Services, WRAP, UK
The first day will end with a welcome evening reception to be held in Nottingham Trent University’s historic Old Chemistry Theatre.
Over three days academics and other experts will present papers and workshops addressing the subject of product lifetimes and the environment from a varied range of disciplines and international perspectives. An exhibition will run alongside the conference.
Subsequent keynotes will be given by:
- Dr Ruth Mugge, Associate Professor in Consumer Research, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands
- Kyle Wiens, Co-founder, iFixit, USA
- Professor Tim Cooper, Professor of Sustainable Design and Consumption, Nottingham Trent University, UK
On Thursday 18 June we will host the PLATE gala dinner in the atmospheric setting of St. Mary’s Church, in the heart of Nottingham’s historic lace market.
Book your place
The deadline for early bird registration is fast approaching – 30 April 2015. For further details and booking please see our website.